The Management of University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Kwara State hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of the Chief Medical Director, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Kwara State.
Job Title: Chief Medical Director/CEO
Interested Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidate must be Medical or Dental practitioners registered with the Medical And dental Council of Nigeria of not less than twelve (12) years post graduation:
- Candidates must be fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College Of Nigeria or west African postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent register-able by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria:
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years
- Candidates must be medically fit
- Candidates must be of proven good character and Integrity:
- Clinical Experience Medical research is an added advantage:
- Additional administrative qualification is an added advantage:
- Knowledge of Computer information and Communication Technology is an Added advantages
- Attraction of funded grants by an individual candidate is an added advantage
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head Chief Executive of the Institution.
- He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution Of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Salary & Allowances
- Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure For the category of officers.
Methods of Application:
Twenty (20) copies of applications letters and curriculum vitae to be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
THE DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION
UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN TEACHING HOSPITAL
Candidate should also enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next Four(4) years in not more than 1000 words.
The curriculum Vitae must include the names and address of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty(20) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic , professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness. This should be accompanied by recommendation letters from the referees.
Submission of application closes six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director of Administration/secretary to the Board
The University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH) belongs to the second generation of Teaching Hospitals which were established by law on the 2nd May 1980. It took off in July1980 and started operation using as its temporary site, the then General Hospital and Maternity Hospital Ilorin which were owned by the Kwara State Government. The permanent site of the hospital was declared opened by His Excellency, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in May 2007 while complete movement took place in April 2010.